What to Know Before You Go
We want you to have a wonderful experience during your visit to the NC State Dairy Farm. We’ve put together a few tips that will ensure maximum safety, comfort — and fun!
- Wear proper clothing for the weather. You must have sneakers or closed-toe shoes. The area we will be walking is rough and not all paved. We will provide shoe covers.
- We have a bio-secure farm and we ask that no one touch any of the animals. Diseases can pass to you from the animals and you can pass diseases to the animals.
- If you have been outside of the U.S. in the past two weeks, please advise us before you come.
- Please be quiet during the farm tour so as not to startle the cows. They are used to people being around the farm but they can get scared if someone screams or yells.
- This is an operating dairy farm and there will be machines running. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times and do not leave the group.
- The farm does smell at times, and if you don’t feel well just let us know and we will get you back to the museum.
- You must wash your hands well after the farm portion of the tour.
- Listen to your tour guide at all times.
- Ask questions. We are here to help you have a better understanding of how your food is made.
To schedule a tour, contact Alex Ives: email@example.com.