What to Know Before You Go
GROUPS LARGER THAN 10 EMAIL DAIRYFARMTOURS@NCSU.EDU
We want you to have the best experience while visiting the NC State Dairy Farm. We’ve put together a few tips that will ensure safety, comfort — and fun!
- Wear proper clothing for the weather.
- Wear sneakers or closed-toed shoes as you will be walking on rough, uneven terrain. We will provide shoe covers to prevent contamination.
- We operate a bio-secure farm and ask that no one touch the animals so that diseases are not transmitted to and from the animals.
- If you have been outside of the U.S. in the past two weeks, please advise us before you arrive.
- Please be quiet during the farm tour. Our cows are accustomed to people; however, they can be startled by loud noises.
- This is an operating dairy farm with machines in use. Be aware of your surroundings at all times and do not leave your group.
- The farm can smell differently at times. If you can’t tolerate the smell, notify a tour guide and they will escort you back to the museum.
- You must wash your hands after the tour. Bathrooms are available in the museum.
- Listen actively to your tour guide at all times.
- Ask questions. We encourage questions to help you better understand where your dairy products come from.